Big Slate Media is a Knoxville based content creation agency specializing in video production, aerial videography and social media management. The team works with clients to produce creative, consistent content, and also leads strategic placement through targeted social media campaigns. In January 2019 we built a studio to help our partners and other local creatives produce high-quality photos and videos in a controlled environment. We love jammin’ to Teen Spirit at Scruffy City Hall, watchin’ movies together and playin’ with the office dogs.
We’re looking for a top-notch videographer and editor to join the team. First and foremost, we need someone who is fun, creative and gels well with our team and clients. We’re a goofy group so weirdness is welcomed. Secondly, this person needs to be a strong technical shooter. They should understand camera settings, operations and have a strong grasp on how they all work together. We shoot on mostly Sony so knowledge of those menus and cameras is a plus but not a requirement. Finally, we need someone who is an editing wiz in FCPX and the Adobe Suite. We expect strong communication, organizational skills and most importantly, attention to detail.
- Collaborate with producers and art directors to visualize creative development of projects
- Fulfill assigned production responsibilities primarily as 1st Assistant Camera, Camera Operator
- Perform DIT/DMT transfers and media management for assigned projects
- Collaborate and complete post production using FCPX, Adobe Premiere or required software
- 2+ years of editing experience in post production software (FCPX preferred)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Mac OS
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation is based on experience and proven expertise. Below are some benefits:
- 50% paid Medical Insurance (after 6 months)
- Solid paid vacation (after 6 months)
- Semi-flexible work schedule with a focus on results not hours
- Relaxed, casual work environment
- Occasional travel for shoots or events
- Paid industry training and continuing education
- Opportunity to earn commission on new business leads
- Have a direct impact on business processes and growth strategies
To apply, please send your resume, reel and any relevant work samples to – email@example.com.