Big Slate Media is a Knoxville-based content creation agency specializing in video production, aerial videography and social media management. The team works with clients to produce creative, consistent content, and also helps with strategic placement through targeted social media campaigns. In January 2019, we built a studio to help our partners and other local creatives produce high-quality photos and videos in a controlled environment. We love jammin’ to Teen Spirit at Scruffy City Hall, watchin’ movies together and playin’ with the office dogs, Stamper and Addie and Ada.
We’re looking for a highly motivated and detail oriented person to join our team as a Producer. First and foremost, we need someone who is fun, creative and gels well with our team and clients. We’re a goofy group, so weirdness is welcomed. Secondly, this person needs to eat, sleep and breath details. It’s necessary they have experience managing multiple clients at the same time, are organized, and communicate incredibly well both on set and digitally. Finally, we’re looking for a jack of all trades – someone who, at the very least, understands camera operations, editing and photography and what a team needs to be successful in each of those areas.
- Assist in pitching and creative concept development for internal and external projects;
- Develop project budgets;
- Develop and write scripts and create storyboards;
- Manage obtaining location permissions, permits and scouting scheduling;
- Assist in creating shot lists;
- Assist in managing above-the-line and below-the-line crewing/casting for various projects;
- Work with Directors, Producers and DP’s to brief crew at pre production meetings;
- Report on project budgets, risks and manage “scope creep”;
- Serve as Director, Producer, 1st Assistance Camera, Camera Operator, Gaffer, Grip or Production Assistant or any other requested position;
- Assist in post-production duties as needed;
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation is based on experience and proven expertise. Below are some benefits:
- 50% paid Medical Insurance (after 6 months)
- Solid paid vacation (after 6 months)
- Semi-flexible work schedule with a focus on results not hours
- Relaxed, casual work environment
- Occasional travel for shoots or events
- Paid industry training and continuing education
- Opportunity to earn commission on new business leads
- Have a direct impact on business processes and growth strategies
To apply, send your resume, a writing sample, and any relevant work samples to “firstname.lastname@example.org”.